Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Battling the Queen B

I had to kill it! A queen bee flew into my car unnoticed when my doors were open and managed to stay hidden until it started buzzing around my dashboard like a queen bitch. My baby girl was in the back and my killer mother instincts took over. There was no time to think this over. The bee needed to make an exit fast or I was going to squish it to oblivion. I tried to save its life by rolling down all the windows and shooing it away, but it fought back with its menacing buzzing, crashing into my dashboard in retaliation. My last whack sent it flying into my lap and I when I jumped up, it landed near my left foot -- still fuckin' alive --, so I attempted to crush it with my heal as I kept one eye on it and the other on the road. And, today of all days, all of my traffic lights were green so it took me a good 5 minutes before I could pull over and kill this thing once and for all.

When I finally pulled over and got out of the car, it was still moving around despite having lost pieces of its busy body by my foot crushing! I grabbed a wad of tissues, picked it up, throw it to the ground and stepped on it for a good 20 seconds. And, it was STILL moving!!! It left me with no other choice. I had to resort to jumping on it, much to the amusement of my daughter and the shoppers exiting the store near where I parked.

Jumping on it finally did it in. And, there is no way in hell that the sucker will rest in peace. It'll probably come back and sting me in some other way.

No comments: